IJN is an all volunteer staffed ministry. By designing the ministry with no staff salaries and little overhead costs donations go towards meeting the needs of the poor rather than the needs of the organization.
100 volunteer labor hours are needed each week to keep the 10,000 items stocked and displayed and distributed each month ready to meet the needs of the hundreds of households who visit the ministry quarterly.
Volunteers register for our volunteer labor bank. They interview with the director and express interests and talents and available time bands. They are contacted as need arises .
- Keep the resource banks organized and assist in the distribution.
- Help with our storage unit and the pick up donations
- Deliver to the infirm who are unable to come to the pantry.
- Staff an event where families gather helping us serve food and supervise children’s activity centers
- Update our databases and recipient activity and visits
- Assist with other clerical maintaince